This last week I posted on the Arbor Drive Facebook page that there was some exciting news coming down the pipeline. Well, here it is. Starting in January, we will be launching a weekly podcast called Pastor Discussions. Hooray!
Our aim with this is to have a weekly discussion on faith and life from a Biblical Worldview. We will be tackling a variety of topics from prayer to parenting to dealing with the changing morality of our culture and much more. The aim of this is to be challenging, edifying, encouraging, practical, and applicable to you in your everyday Christian life. In addition to the pastors of Arbor Drive, we will be talking with guest pastors from around the state of Nebraska and the US. They will bring fresh perspectives and help us think through different issues.
BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE!!
In addition to having guest pastors, we want to have you on and hear your story. With social media and the ability to download a podcast, we have an opportunity that no one in the history of the world has had to reach untold numbers of people without leaving York. I want to have a discussion with you and record it. What has God been doing in your life? How did you come to faith? How has He seen you through a difficult time? How has your faith grown over the last 5 years? and many more questions can be asked. In other words, you have the opportunity to not only encourage those in Arbor Drive through this, but you can encourage your friends and family. You can share the gospel with unbelievers around the world and tell of the excellencies of Christ.
Still not enough? How about this?
Not only do we want to do all of that, but we want to help address questions you have. We want to tackle practical issues you face everyday and filter them through a Biblical lens. We want to answer questions you have about sermons. We want to answer questions you have from your personal Bible reading. We want to address those issues that affect and impact your everyday life. We want this to be a tool that God uses to encourage and grow your faith. We want this to be useful to you and something you can encourage your friends and family with. Think of it as ministry in a digital age that ministers beyond Arbor Drive. If you're struggling with it, have questions about it, or are challenged by it, many others are as well.
We need your help!!!
As you may have noticed, the font is getting bigger on the headings. We want this to be a success. We want this to minister to people around the world, but also people right here in York. We want to leverage the gift of technology that God has given to bless others. In a world of depressing headlines, rampant sin, and everything we see around us, people need the good news of Jesus Christ more than every. They need to see Christ as beautiful and satisfying. They need to see how Christ can change us. That's where you come in. There are a few things that I am asking you to do to help with this.
1) Pray for this. Commit to praying that God will use this in the lives of believers and unbelievers, here in York and around the country, to show Christ as valuable and satisfying. Prayer is huge. Please pray.
2) Ask questions. You can email email@example.com with your questions. It might be about something you read in the Bible, something you saw in the news, an issue with a relationship, a struggle you are facing and want to think through Biblically, a question about a sermon or Sunday School lesson, parenting... anything. We will not mention names unless you give us permission, but maybe we can encourage you and others facing the same things. We need topics that are relevant to your life and that you want addressed.
3) Share content with your friends and family as it comes out. I'm not advocating that you spam your family and friends, but "liking" and sharing exposes others to the content and our aim is for it to be helpful. Subscribe, listen and share/comment as you see fit. That will go a long way in helping get the message out, and who knows how God will use it in the lives of your unbelieving friends. They might pass over 10 episodes you share, but one comes out that addresses something they are facing and God uses it.
4) Subscribe to the show when it comes out, listen, like and share. You can keep up to date through the Facebook page here. We are currently running a cool giveaway through the Facebook page. Anyone who “likes” the page and shares it with the hashtag #PDPcoffee is entered to win a bag of premium local gourmet coffee. Winners will be picked on Jan 22nd and announced in the show that drops on the 23rd.
5) Keep up to date. Sign up for the newsletter here for show updates, promos, and giveaway info. Anyone who signs up and shares the link with their Facebook friends using the hashtag #PDPgiveaway is registered to win a book. We will announce the winner on our first show when it drops on Jan 16th.
I'm excited about this and am looking forward to having a weekly conversation with you about faith and life. I am praying that this will be a blessing to you and others.
Jon is husband to Carlee, Papa to Finleigh, Ainsley, and Olivia, a pastor at Arbor Drive Community Church in York, Ne, and co-host of The Pastor Discussions Podcast